Ravi Savant, Vijay Patil elected vice presidents of MCA
Mumbai: Ravi Savant and Vijay Patil, who led two rival groups, were elected as the two vice-presidents of the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA), that will be headed by Sharad Pawar who was chosen unopposed as MCA president, during its biennial polls on Friday.
Three other members of Savant`s panel, namely Vinod Deshpande (treasurer), Nitin Dalal (joint secretary) and P V Shetty (joint secretary), were also elected.
While Deshpande was MCA vice-president along with Patil under Savant`s presidentship before the polls, Dalal and Shetty held the same posts.
Former test cricketers Lalchand Rajput and Abey Kuruvilla also got elected to the 11-member strong managing committee, along with former Mumbai left-arm spinner Sanjay Patil.
Others elected were Arvind Kadam, Arman Malik, Nadeem Memon, Deepak Murkar, Deepak Patil, Navin Shetty, Shrikant Tigdi and Ramesh Vazge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!