Razzaq unsure about getting Indian visa for CL T20
Lahore: Pakistan all-rounder Abdul Razzaq is jittery about obtaining an Indian visa to represent Leicestershire in next week`s Champions League Twenty20 and has sought the English county`s help in the matter.
Razzaq, a centrally contracted player of the Pakistan Cricket Board, starred for Leicestershire in their successful bid to become the English national Tewnty20 champions last month.
By virtue of his contract with Leicestershire, Razzaq is now qualified to represent them in the Champions Trophy as well.
But sources close to the allrounder said he was anxious about being able to make it to India on time and has sought the assistance of his county to secure the visa.
"The Indian High Commission has yet to issue him the visa to travel to India and he is worried he might miss a couple of early games which are so important for any team," one source said.
No Pakistan team has taken part in the Champions League tournament in its first two editions so far due to the strained relations between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites