Razzaq unsure about getting Indian visa for CL T20
Lahore: Pakistan all-rounder Abdul Razzaq is jittery about obtaining an Indian visa to represent Leicestershire in next week`s Champions League Twenty20 and has sought the English county`s help in the matter.
Razzaq, a centrally contracted player of the Pakistan Cricket Board, starred for Leicestershire in their successful bid to become the English national Tewnty20 champions last month.
By virtue of his contract with Leicestershire, Razzaq is now qualified to represent them in the Champions Trophy as well.
But sources close to the allrounder said he was anxious about being able to make it to India on time and has sought the assistance of his county to secure the visa.
"The Indian High Commission has yet to issue him the visa to travel to India and he is worried he might miss a couple of early games which are so important for any team," one source said.
No Pakistan team has taken part in the Champions League tournament in its first two editions so far due to the strained relations between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH