RCA`s poll report to be released today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former Indian Premier League (IPL) czar Lalit Modi will have to wait no longer as the result of elections to the Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) will be declared on Monday.
The Supreme Court had earlier adjourned the hearing and directed the listing of the matter to January 27.
A bench of Justice Anil R. Dave and Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar, which was to open the envelope that contained the results and the report of Justice N.M. Kasliwal under whose supervision the polls were held, said the court would open it Jan 27.
As Indian cricket`s apex body, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) urged the apex court to hear it before opening the envelope and declaring the result, the court said it would first see the results and if Modi wins, then before declaring the results, it would hear the BCCI otherwise there would be no need.
As the BCCI counsel pressed for the board`s plea to be heard, the court wondered if Modi was so powerful that he would certainly get elected.
The court said it would hear all matters Jan 27.
The RCA election became controversial after Modi joined the race for the post of the president of the state`s cricketing body.
The BCCI in September 2013 had imposed a life ban on Modi for alleged irregularities when he headed the IPL from 2008 to 2010.
The RCA elections were held Dec 19, 2013, under the watch of the apex court-appointed former judge N.M. Kasliwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof