RCA, state government sign MoU as decks cleared for IPL games
Jaipur: The decks were finally cleared for the Rajasthan Cricket Association to host the home matches of Rajasthan Royals in IPL-VI after it decided to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the state government regarding the use of Sawai Man Singh Stadium.
A deadlock between the RCA and Rajasthan State Sports Council (RSSC) has threatened to take away all the home matches of Rajasthan Royals and to Ahmedabad and Rajkot in Gujarat.
The BCCI was compelled to take a decision in this regard but the hectic activity in top political circles and the court verdict paved the way for Jaipur to host atleast some of the IPL matches.
In accord with a decision by the divisional bench of the High Court the RCA and State Government signed a MOU for five years.
"A MoU was signed between the RCA and the State Government which means that Jaipur would be hosting the home matches of the Rajasthan Royals in the IPL-6. We have also deposited post dated Cheques of Rs.20, 00,000/= (Twenty Lakhs) for each match.
"Dr. C P Joshi the president of the RCA has shown a good gesture by giving a cheque of Rs 1 crore to the Government for utilizing it for the cause of other sports in state," said K K Sharma, the acting secretary of RCA.
"The government had added a clause in the MoU which states that the SMS stadium will remain to be a property of the state Government. We do not object to it. We are happy that we now have the possession through MoU. We have the right to use the North and the South Pavilion and we would start the preparation as soon as possible.
"We are determined to enhance the reputation of the state by holding the matches in grand fashion. He whole executive is eager to contribute for the cause," he said.
The MOU between the RCA and the RSSC has expired in July last and the latter was reluctant to renew it owing to violations by RCA and its denials to clear the dues which amounted to crores.
The RCA had built pressure by refusing to bow to the demands of RSSC and the State Government, sidelining the RSSC, had then constituted a three member committee headed by Chief Secretary which had asked the RCA to deposit portion of dues.
The State Government had also written to BCCI directly but it almost sure that the Rajasthan Royals would play at Ahmedabad and Rajkot.
"As far as the question of dues of the past is concerned the course of law would decide the issue but as for now the MOU has given the green signal for the IPL-6 matches here. We have already talked to BCCI and they are well aware of the recent developments," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in