RCA to pay 20 lakh as rent for Sawai Man Singh stadium
Jaipur: A division bench of High Court has directed RCA to pay post dated cheques of Rs 20 lakh each for the IPL matches to be held at Jaipur to the state government in advance along with the MOU to be signed with the State Government within three days for rent of SMS stadium.
The order was a consent order passed by a division bench of Justice N K Jain-I and Justice Meena V. Gomber with the concession made by RCA counsel R N Mathur that the IPL is in national interest and the public should not be allowed to be suffered.
"In the greater public interest RCA is ready to pay 20 lakh rupees as the rent for SMS stadium. But it should be seen that RCA needs more than 118 crore rupees for construction of their own Stadium and there is no help from the state government," said Mathur.
The bench also ruled that the state government is free to recover its earlier dues of Rupees one crore as per the law but the same should not come in holding the cricket matches in Jaipur.
It was observed by the Bench that in case need arises RCA can approach the high court to seek directions for assistance from state government for raising its own cricket stadium at Jaipur or Udaipur as proposed.
The order came on a PIL filed by Vindo Singhal. Disposing the PIL court directed that a fresh MOU without any stipulation of paying any previous dues should be entered within a period of three days and the same shall be forwarded to BCCI for necessary action.
It was given out in the PIL that the RCA has been allotted with matches for IPL-6 but the stadium should be available with the RCA.
It was alleged that owing to certain differences owing to the pending arrears of payments to be made by RCA to Sports Council the MOU is not being singned and BCCI has asked RCA to inform as to whether the Stadium will be made available by April 3, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"