RCB Vs KXIP: Statistical highlights
Bangalore: Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League match between Bangalore Royal Challengers and Kings XI Punjab.
• Ryan Harris (3/38) recorded his best bowling figures in the fourth edition of the IPL.
• Harris` performance is the second best by a Punjab bowler in IPL 4, next only to Paul Valthaty`s 4 for 29 against Deccan at Hyderabad on April 16.
• Chris Gayle became the first batsman to record two hundreds in the same IPL competition. He is the only one to register two IPL hundreds overall.
• Gayle has amassed 284 runs at an average of 94.66 in four games, including two hundreds. He has now recorded three hundreds in Twenty20.
• Gayle`s strike rate of 197.22 is the highest by any batsman in the IPL 4. Virender Sehwag`s strike rate of 178.81 is the next highest.
• Gayle was adjudged the Man of the Match for the third time in the IPL.
• Ryan McLaren and Harris put on 37 for the eighth wicket - the highest by any pair in IPL 4.
• Sreenath Aravind (4/14) registered his best bowling figures in the IPL/Twenty20. He has recorded two four-wicket hauls in Twenty20.
• Aravind is the first and only bowler to take four wickets in an innings for Bangalore in IPL 4.
• Chris Gayle`s century off 46 balls is the quickest in the fourth edition of the IPL.
• The hundred is the joint fourth quickest in the IPL. Yusuf Pathan holds a record for the fastest hundred, having reached the feat in 37 balls for Rajasthan Royals against Mumbai Indians at Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai on March 13, 2010.
• Gayle (107 + 3/21) became the first all-rounder to record a century and bag three wickets in the same IPL game.
• Gayle`s figures of 3 for 21 are his best in the IPL.
• Bangalore`s win by 85 runs is the biggest by runs margin in the IPL 4, outstripping Deccan`s 55-run win over Kochi at Kochi on April 27.
• With eleven points, Royal Challengers Bangalore are placed fourth in the Points table - five wins and three defeats apart from one abandoned game - out of nine contested.
• Punjab, with a Net Run Rate of -0.898, have only six points in eight matches (three wins and five defeats). They are placed ninth in the Points Table.
• Gayle has managed 747 at an average of 41.50 in 20 games in the IPL, including two hundreds and two fifties.
• Gayle, in the course of his nine sixes, has completed his century of sixes in Twenty20 – 108.
• Bangalore (205/6) registered their highest total in the IPL, bettering the 204 for two against Punjab at Bangalore on March 16,2010.
• Gayle took his tally of sixes to 21 in four matches - the most by any batsman in the IPL 4, surpassing Virender Sehwag`s tally of 18 in ten games.
• Gayle is the first player to hit seven sixes or more in an innings twice in the IPL 4. He had recorded seven sixes during his unbeaten 102 off 55 balls against Kolkata at Kolkata on April 22.
• Virat Kohli (321) is the sixth batsman to complete 300 runs in the IPL 2011, joining Virender Sehwag (422), Sachin Tendulkar (351), Michael Hussey (327), Paul Valthaty (322) and Jacques Kallis (320).
• Gayle has posted 94 runs through boundaries (ten fours and nine sixes) - the most by a player in the fourth edition of the IPL.
• Gayle and Virat Kohli shared a partnership of 111 for the second wicket - Bangalore`s highest against Punjab for any wicket in the IPL.
• Gayle is the second batsman to post a hundred against Bangalore in the IPL - the first to achieve the feat was Michael Hussey - 116 not out off 54 balls for Chennai at Mohali on April 19, 2008.
• Adam Gilchrist posted his sixth duck in the IPL.
• For the first time, Gilchrist has posted two consecutive ducks in the IPL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez