Recovering Yuvraj Singh returns to warm welcome
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh, who
underwent three cycles of chemotherapy in United States for a rare germ cell cancer between his lungs, returned to the country on Monday to a rousing reception from adoring fans here.
Yuvraj's mother Shabnam Singh, who recieved him at the airport, said she is happy that he has recovered from the illness. "Very happy that he is back after recovering completely. It's as if we have won the World Cup all over again. Now, he will rest for ten to fifteen days. I am making gobhi ke parathe for him. We are so grateful and thankful for everybody's prayers," she told reporters at their Gurgaon residence.
Meanwhile, Yuvraj Singh appeared on the terrace of his residence and involved in a brief chat with the media. He, however, promised to talk to the media the day after tomorrow.
"finally the day has come ! i am going home tomorrow ! cant wait , excited to see my friends and family ..see you india!! mera bharat mahan!" Yuvraj had tweeted on Sunday.
But the 30-year-old batsman is not expected to play for a few more months.
After being diagnosed with the disease, Yuvraj underwent three sessions of chemotherapy and was discharged from his hospital in the United States last month.
He is expected to announce his future plans and details about treatment that he underwent after returning to the country.
Recently, Yuvraj met Sachin Tendulkar in London who had gone there to get a check up on a toe injury.
Yuvraj missed the entire Australian tour and will miss the Indian Premier League season 5 due to his ailment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional