Recovering Yuvraj Singh returns to warm welcome
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh, who
underwent three cycles of chemotherapy in United States for a rare germ cell cancer between his lungs, returned to the country on Monday to a rousing reception from adoring fans here.
Yuvraj's mother Shabnam Singh, who recieved him at the airport, said she is happy that he has recovered from the illness. "Very happy that he is back after recovering completely. It's as if we have won the World Cup all over again. Now, he will rest for ten to fifteen days. I am making gobhi ke parathe for him. We are so grateful and thankful for everybody's prayers," she told reporters at their Gurgaon residence.
Meanwhile, Yuvraj Singh appeared on the terrace of his residence and involved in a brief chat with the media. He, however, promised to talk to the media the day after tomorrow.
"finally the day has come ! i am going home tomorrow ! cant wait , excited to see my friends and family ..see you india!! mera bharat mahan!" Yuvraj had tweeted on Sunday.
But the 30-year-old batsman is not expected to play for a few more months.
After being diagnosed with the disease, Yuvraj underwent three sessions of chemotherapy and was discharged from his hospital in the United States last month.
He is expected to announce his future plans and details about treatment that he underwent after returning to the country.
Recently, Yuvraj met Sachin Tendulkar in London who had gone there to get a check up on a toe injury.
Yuvraj missed the entire Australian tour and will miss the Indian Premier League season 5 due to his ailment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city