Recovering Yuvraj Singh returns to warm welcome
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh, who
underwent three cycles of chemotherapy in United States for a rare germ cell cancer between his lungs, returned to the country on Monday to a rousing reception from adoring fans here.
Yuvraj's mother Shabnam Singh, who recieved him at the airport, said she is happy that he has recovered from the illness. "Very happy that he is back after recovering completely. It's as if we have won the World Cup all over again. Now, he will rest for ten to fifteen days. I am making gobhi ke parathe for him. We are so grateful and thankful for everybody's prayers," she told reporters at their Gurgaon residence.
Meanwhile, Yuvraj Singh appeared on the terrace of his residence and involved in a brief chat with the media. He, however, promised to talk to the media the day after tomorrow.
"finally the day has come ! i am going home tomorrow ! cant wait , excited to see my friends and family ..see you india!! mera bharat mahan!" Yuvraj had tweeted on Sunday.
But the 30-year-old batsman is not expected to play for a few more months.
After being diagnosed with the disease, Yuvraj underwent three sessions of chemotherapy and was discharged from his hospital in the United States last month.
He is expected to announce his future plans and details about treatment that he underwent after returning to the country.
Recently, Yuvraj met Sachin Tendulkar in London who had gone there to get a check up on a toe injury.
Yuvraj missed the entire Australian tour and will miss the Indian Premier League season 5 due to his ailment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...