Resurgent S. Africa gnawing at Australia`s ODI top ranking
Cape Town (S. Africa): A seemingly resurgent South Africa is set to make further inroads on Australia’s once comfortable lead at the top of the ICC one-day international rankings.
The Proteas are already two nil up in the five-match series against Sri Lanka and are on track to put the series to bed as quickly as possible.
According to Sports24, if they win the series, South Africa are assured of standalone second place on the ICC rankings, a status they assumed after the East London triumph anyway as they moved to a 119 rating, two points ahead of now third-placed India on 117.
If they whitewash the Lankans, they will leap to 123, thus making up significant ground on the table-topping Aussies (130).
Australia are next in ODI action when they host a triangular Commonwealth Bank series with India and Sri Lanka from February 5 to March 8.
The Proteas play a three-match ODI series as part of their broader tour of New Zealand, with the first game scheduled for February 25 in Wellington.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda