Resurgent S. Africa gnawing at Australia`s ODI top ranking
Cape Town (S. Africa): A seemingly resurgent South Africa is set to make further inroads on Australia’s once comfortable lead at the top of the ICC one-day international rankings.
The Proteas are already two nil up in the five-match series against Sri Lanka and are on track to put the series to bed as quickly as possible.
According to Sports24, if they win the series, South Africa are assured of standalone second place on the ICC rankings, a status they assumed after the East London triumph anyway as they moved to a 119 rating, two points ahead of now third-placed India on 117.
If they whitewash the Lankans, they will leap to 123, thus making up significant ground on the table-topping Aussies (130).
Australia are next in ODI action when they host a triangular Commonwealth Bank series with India and Sri Lanka from February 5 to March 8.
The Proteas play a three-match ODI series as part of their broader tour of New Zealand, with the first game scheduled for February 25 in Wellington.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof