A chance for England to displace India from second spot
Dubai: England have a chance of displacing India from their current second position in the ICC Test Team Rankings table if they can win the upcoming Ashes series against Australia 4-0 or better.
The Ashes series will offer England an opportunity to reclaim the number two spot that they held till India moved ahead of them last week following a 2-0 series win over the West Indies.
While India have 119 rating points, England are three points behind on 116.
Australia, meanwhile, start their quest for regaining the Ashes when they take on England in Brisbane from November 21 with one eye on moving back to top four position in the table.
Australia are currently ranked fifth with 101 ratings points, 15 points behind third-placed England.
Australia can return to the top four by leapfrogging Pakistan if they manage to draw or win the series. They can also move ahead of England into third spot if they win the series 4-0 or better.
With the top four sides as of 31 December 2016 qualifying for the inaugural ICC World Test Championship scheduled for 2017, every Test counts towards the qualification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre