Anderson almost started crying after hitting Clarke with pad in 2006, reveals witness
Sydney: The Australian media has claimed that the England bowler James Anderson almost started crying when during Australia`s miracle Ashes win in Adelaide seven years ago, he upset Michael Clarke by whacking him with a pad in the Australian dressing room.
According to the News.com.au, a witness revealed that Anderson was joking around and hit Clarke with a paid, adding that it got him around the ear and he was clearly annoyed.
The witness added that the Anderson apologised so much that he almost started crying and he had never seen anyone go to water like that.
Clarke and Anderson have had a strained relationship since and this was dramatically exposed during the dying stages of the first Test in Brisbane, which Australia won by 381 runs with more than a day to spare last Sunday, the report said.
The Australian captain had also mentioned the standoff briefly in his own recent book from the recent tour of England: The Ashes Diary, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now