Anderson almost started crying after hitting Clarke with pad in 2006, reveals witness
Sydney: The Australian media has claimed that the England bowler James Anderson almost started crying when during Australia`s miracle Ashes win in Adelaide seven years ago, he upset Michael Clarke by whacking him with a pad in the Australian dressing room.
According to the News.com.au, a witness revealed that Anderson was joking around and hit Clarke with a paid, adding that it got him around the ear and he was clearly annoyed.
The witness added that the Anderson apologised so much that he almost started crying and he had never seen anyone go to water like that.
Clarke and Anderson have had a strained relationship since and this was dramatically exposed during the dying stages of the first Test in Brisbane, which Australia won by 381 runs with more than a day to spare last Sunday, the report said.
The Australian captain had also mentioned the standoff briefly in his own recent book from the recent tour of England: The Ashes Diary, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145