Andrew Strauss tells Cook to behave like a captain
Sydney: Former England captain Andrew Strauss has reportedly told Alastair Cook to behave like a captain and should stop treating his teammates as close friends.
Strauss believes that Cook needs to impose himself on the team as he is on the threshold of becoming the first England captain to lose an Ashes series for seven years.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Strauss said that Cook has got the team`s senior players not performing and long term this would eventually be the making of Cook as it gives him opportunity to stand up and say that it is not good enough and the team needs to do things his way from now.
The former captain further said that Cook needs to give more in the field and must learn from Australia like the latter learned from England about how they play and have got against it using David Warner to disrupt the bowlers, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16