Australia names unchanged squad for the Boxing Day Ashes Test
Perth: Australia has named an unchanged 12-man squad for the Boxing Day Ashes Test against England at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the Australian squad is as follows: Michael Clarke (capt), David Warner, Chris Rogers, Shane Watson, Steve Smith, George Bailey, Brad Haddin, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris, Nathan Lyon and James Faulkner.
The Boxing Day Test squad was anmed after Australia regained the Ashes on Tuesday with a 150-run win over England in the third Test at the WACA here, giving the home side an unassailable 3-0 lead in the series.
Allrounder James Faulkner has again been named in the squad despite breaking his hand on the eve of the WACA Test. Paceman Doug Bollinger and all-rounder Nathan Coulter-Nile have again been placed on standby in case any of Australia`s pacemen pull up sore in the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister