Australia names unchanged squad for the Boxing Day Ashes Test
Perth: Australia has named an unchanged 12-man squad for the Boxing Day Ashes Test against England at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the Australian squad is as follows: Michael Clarke (capt), David Warner, Chris Rogers, Shane Watson, Steve Smith, George Bailey, Brad Haddin, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris, Nathan Lyon and James Faulkner.
The Boxing Day Test squad was anmed after Australia regained the Ashes on Tuesday with a 150-run win over England in the third Test at the WACA here, giving the home side an unassailable 3-0 lead in the series.
Allrounder James Faulkner has again been named in the squad despite breaking his hand on the eve of the WACA Test. Paceman Doug Bollinger and all-rounder Nathan Coulter-Nile have again been placed on standby in case any of Australia`s pacemen pull up sore in the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Why cholera is more deadly for people with type O blood
- US Open: Andy Murray, Serena Williams swing into action on Day 2
- China must recognise South China Sea ruling: Philippines
- New Zealand to keep trialling day-night first-class cricket
- Delhi sex racket busted: Girls confined in almirahs; forced to sleep with clients in cubicles