Australia`s pace destroys England on day 2 of first Ashes Test
Brisbane: Australia have got a strong 224-run lead after the end of Day 2 of the first Ashes Test being played at Brisbane, as they got England out on just 136 runs and are now 65/0 after scoring 295 in their first innings.
Mitchell Johnson got four wickets, Ryan Harris got three, Nathan Lyon two and Peter Siddle got the last wicket as Australia romped through England`s middle order, when they were at 82/2.
David Warner is currently unbeaten at 45, while Chris Rogers accompanies him on the crease at 15 not out.
For England, Michael Carberry top scored with a knock of 40 runs, while Stuart Broad got 32 runs to have England save some grace for themselves in the end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?