Australia`s pace destroys England on day 2 of first Ashes Test
Brisbane: Australia have got a strong 224-run lead after the end of Day 2 of the first Ashes Test being played at Brisbane, as they got England out on just 136 runs and are now 65/0 after scoring 295 in their first innings.
Mitchell Johnson got four wickets, Ryan Harris got three, Nathan Lyon two and Peter Siddle got the last wicket as Australia romped through England`s middle order, when they were at 82/2.
David Warner is currently unbeaten at 45, while Chris Rogers accompanies him on the crease at 15 not out.
For England, Michael Carberry top scored with a knock of 40 runs, while Stuart Broad got 32 runs to have England save some grace for themselves in the end.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India