Australia`s pace destroys England on day 2 of first Ashes Test
Brisbane: Australia have got a strong 224-run lead after the end of Day 2 of the first Ashes Test being played at Brisbane, as they got England out on just 136 runs and are now 65/0 after scoring 295 in their first innings.
Mitchell Johnson got four wickets, Ryan Harris got three, Nathan Lyon two and Peter Siddle got the last wicket as Australia romped through England`s middle order, when they were at 82/2.
David Warner is currently unbeaten at 45, while Chris Rogers accompanies him on the crease at 15 not out.
For England, Michael Carberry top scored with a knock of 40 runs, while Stuart Broad got 32 runs to have England save some grace for themselves in the end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Inspiring! Poverty-stricken Bihar siblings beat all odds to crack IIT-JEE
- 7th Pay Commission: Know at a glance, see this informative chart
- Complete list of athletes representing India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 11 points in US presidential race
- Pakistan strongly condemns terrorist attack at Istanbul airport