Brit media says `time` for Pietersen to decide about Test future
Sydney: The time has come for Kevin Pietersen to decide whether he wants to carry on playing Test cricket after he fell victim to Peter Siddle for the 10th time on Saturday, according to UK media reports.
According to News.com.au, that`s the growing consensus of the English media, who believe a string of soft dismissals suggest the veteran batsman isn`t up to scratch mentally.
Writing for The Telegraph, former England skipper Michael Vaughan questioned Pietersen`s `inner drive` and said he was not meeting his responsibilities as a senior member of Alastair Cook`s team, the report added.
And while the doomsday scenario for Pietersen was reinforced for a third time over at The Mirror, Chief Sports Writer Oliver Holt signalled out Australia`s pacemen for special attention, the report further said.
In a series so far dominated by the raw pace and aggression of Mitchell Johnson, Holt pointed to the efforts of Siddle and Ryan Harris who each made key breakthroughs on day two, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read