Brit media says `time` for Pietersen to decide about Test future
Sydney: The time has come for Kevin Pietersen to decide whether he wants to carry on playing Test cricket after he fell victim to Peter Siddle for the 10th time on Saturday, according to UK media reports.
According to News.com.au, that`s the growing consensus of the English media, who believe a string of soft dismissals suggest the veteran batsman isn`t up to scratch mentally.
Writing for The Telegraph, former England skipper Michael Vaughan questioned Pietersen`s `inner drive` and said he was not meeting his responsibilities as a senior member of Alastair Cook`s team, the report added.
And while the doomsday scenario for Pietersen was reinforced for a third time over at The Mirror, Chief Sports Writer Oliver Holt signalled out Australia`s pacemen for special attention, the report further said.
In a series so far dominated by the raw pace and aggression of Mitchell Johnson, Holt pointed to the efforts of Siddle and Ryan Harris who each made key breakthroughs on day two, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok