Brit media says `time` for Pietersen to decide about Test future
Sydney: The time has come for Kevin Pietersen to decide whether he wants to carry on playing Test cricket after he fell victim to Peter Siddle for the 10th time on Saturday, according to UK media reports.
According to News.com.au, that`s the growing consensus of the English media, who believe a string of soft dismissals suggest the veteran batsman isn`t up to scratch mentally.
Writing for The Telegraph, former England skipper Michael Vaughan questioned Pietersen`s `inner drive` and said he was not meeting his responsibilities as a senior member of Alastair Cook`s team, the report added.
And while the doomsday scenario for Pietersen was reinforced for a third time over at The Mirror, Chief Sports Writer Oliver Holt signalled out Australia`s pacemen for special attention, the report further said.
In a series so far dominated by the raw pace and aggression of Mitchell Johnson, Holt pointed to the efforts of Siddle and Ryan Harris who each made key breakthroughs on day two, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Congress targets Amitabh Bachchan over Modi govt's 2nd anniversary event, says 'wrong message being sent'
- WTO sees Brexit costing UK billions in trade tariffs: FT
- India business confidence dips to 5 month low in May
- 'Sultan's sherni Anushka Sharma heads to Patiala for 'Phillauri' shoot! – View pic
- Good rains to damp agricultural inflation, support Aug 9 RBI rate cut: BofA