Broad likely to be included in England squad for Boxing Day Test
Washington: England paceman Stuart Broad is reportedly likely to be included in the squad for the Boxing Day Ashes Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) despite being struck on the foot by a searing Mitch Johnson delivery in Perth.
Broad was thought to be a likely exclusion for the showpiece match when he was still hobbling badly when England trained at the MCG at the weekend.
However, Fox News reports that after pulling up from Tuesday`s net session without any obvious difficulties, Broad again trained well in the team`s light session on Wednesday morning and completed fielding and running drills without apparent discomfort.
The report mentioned that if Broad still might yet keep Boyd Rankin, his likely successor, uncapped, adding that one change that can be confirmed is that tour vice-captain Matt Prior all but handed the wicketkeeping duties to Jonny Bairstow this morning.
Monty Panesar will come in for the retired Graeme Swann, with Australian captain Michael Clarke admitting he was stunned at the off-spinner`s mid-series decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan