Broad likely to be included in England squad for Boxing Day Test
Washington: England paceman Stuart Broad is reportedly likely to be included in the squad for the Boxing Day Ashes Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) despite being struck on the foot by a searing Mitch Johnson delivery in Perth.
Broad was thought to be a likely exclusion for the showpiece match when he was still hobbling badly when England trained at the MCG at the weekend.
However, Fox News reports that after pulling up from Tuesday`s net session without any obvious difficulties, Broad again trained well in the team`s light session on Wednesday morning and completed fielding and running drills without apparent discomfort.
The report mentioned that if Broad still might yet keep Boyd Rankin, his likely successor, uncapped, adding that one change that can be confirmed is that tour vice-captain Matt Prior all but handed the wicketkeeping duties to Jonny Bairstow this morning.
Monty Panesar will come in for the retired Graeme Swann, with Australian captain Michael Clarke admitting he was stunned at the off-spinner`s mid-series decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?