Broad likely to be included in England squad for Boxing Day Test
Washington: England paceman Stuart Broad is reportedly likely to be included in the squad for the Boxing Day Ashes Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) despite being struck on the foot by a searing Mitch Johnson delivery in Perth.
Broad was thought to be a likely exclusion for the showpiece match when he was still hobbling badly when England trained at the MCG at the weekend.
However, Fox News reports that after pulling up from Tuesday`s net session without any obvious difficulties, Broad again trained well in the team`s light session on Wednesday morning and completed fielding and running drills without apparent discomfort.
The report mentioned that if Broad still might yet keep Boyd Rankin, his likely successor, uncapped, adding that one change that can be confirmed is that tour vice-captain Matt Prior all but handed the wicketkeeping duties to Jonny Bairstow this morning.
Monty Panesar will come in for the retired Graeme Swann, with Australian captain Michael Clarke admitting he was stunned at the off-spinner`s mid-series decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary