Clarke admits Oz squad for Sydney Test may be different from MCG Test
Sydney: Australian captain Michael Clarke has admitted that there might be a change in playing XI for the fifth and the final Ashes Test in Sydney, even though he would like to keep his side unchanged as Australia strives for a 5-0 whitewash.
James Faulkner is a big chance to finally be promoted from 12th man, with lingering concerns about the fragility of Shane Watson, particularly as a bowler, while Ryan Harris making unexpectedly good progress from his chronic knee problem towards playing the Sydney Test would give Australia the same attack for the entire series.
However Harris struggled through England`s second innings in Melbourne and Peter Siddle is once again fading towards the end of a big series, so a fresh all-rounder has never been more essential this summer, with Clarke saying that the `unbelievable feeling` of keeping an unchanged side may not be matched by reality.
According to News.com.au, Clarke urged the selectors to pick the best 11 players to help them win the Test, with the report saying that Faulkner would most likely replace his Tasmania captain, George Bailey, with Brad Haddin moving up to bat at number six and Faulkner slotting in at seven.
Twice this year Australia has batted its wicket-keeper at six to strengthen the bowling, against Sri Lanka in the last Sydney Test, when Matthew Wade made a century, and when Faulkner debuted at the Oval in August, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say