Ed Cowan backs Bailey as genuine Test material
Sydney: Australian cricketer Ed Cowan has backed his long-time Tasmanian teammate George Bailey as genuine Test material as he gets set to make his Ashes debut Down Under.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Cowan, who top-scored with 68 on Test debut, believes Bailey`s chances of succeeding this week will improve if he enjoys the occasion.
Meanwhile, Bailey said that he spoke to Rob Quiney for advice in Hobart, where Tasmania was defeated by Victoria on Saturday, with the almost forgotten Australian No.3 of last summer producing his fourth half-century of the Sheffield Shield season from only three matches.
Quiney`s Test career was aborted before it could gather any momentum but Australia`s Twenty20 captain was keen to hear his advice, the report said.
He said he also spoke to Matthew Wade and Xavier Doherty, other recent Test players now on the outer, about their experiences before leaving Hobart, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah