England cricketers miss official Adelaide dinner due to `clash of events`
Sydney: England`s cricketers found time to hit Adelaide`s club scene as soon as they got here, but not a one showed up to the official Test match dinner at Adelaide Oval, according to reports.
According to News.com.au, the Ashes tourists, usually feted guests at such events, elected to have their own team dinner elsewhere as Australian Test stars Ryan Harris, Peter Siddle and Nathan Lyon, and coach Darren Lehmann, dressed up to represent the home team at the black-tie SACA event celebrating the first Test at the redeveloped Oval.
A few travelling members of the English and Wales Cricket Board represented England, the report said.
When asked about the English no-show, Lehmann played a straight bat, the report added.
Party Poms Kevin Pietersen and Stuart Broad already raised a few eyebrows, and glasses, when they hit Currie St club Zhivago until 3.30am the day they arrived, the report further said.
About 500 other people found the time to attend the glamorous Oval event, which was hosted by Hamish McLachlan and featured guest speakers, including former Test captain Kim Hughes and former England coach David Lloyd, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video