England cricketers miss official Adelaide dinner due to `clash of events`
Sydney: England`s cricketers found time to hit Adelaide`s club scene as soon as they got here, but not a one showed up to the official Test match dinner at Adelaide Oval, according to reports.
According to News.com.au, the Ashes tourists, usually feted guests at such events, elected to have their own team dinner elsewhere as Australian Test stars Ryan Harris, Peter Siddle and Nathan Lyon, and coach Darren Lehmann, dressed up to represent the home team at the black-tie SACA event celebrating the first Test at the redeveloped Oval.
A few travelling members of the English and Wales Cricket Board represented England, the report said.
When asked about the English no-show, Lehmann played a straight bat, the report added.
Party Poms Kevin Pietersen and Stuart Broad already raised a few eyebrows, and glasses, when they hit Currie St club Zhivago until 3.30am the day they arrived, the report further said.
About 500 other people found the time to attend the glamorous Oval event, which was hosted by Hamish McLachlan and featured guest speakers, including former Test captain Kim Hughes and former England coach David Lloyd, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'