English media `irked` at `Warner sleeping with Ashes urn` pics
Sydney: Explosive Australian opener David Warner has reportedly created an angry stir among the English media following the surfacing of photographs which showed him sleeping with the urn in the aftermath of his team`s 5-0 Ashes whitewash.
According to News.com.au, the Daily Mail has referred to Warner as a man `who could probably start a fight in an empty phone box` and said that he has `relished his role as chief Pommie basher`.
The paper further stated that from calling Jonathan Trott `weak` and `scared` to goading Matt Prior when he scored a century, Warner has been in the thick of things, while the Metro said that the fiery left-hander was `really rubbing salt into the wounds`.
Describing the pictures as Warner`s Ashes threesome-him, the urn and the baggy green`, the paper also said that Warner has had an eventful time from `Joe Root-hitting pantomime villain last summer to tache-sporting, top run-scoring big-hitter of a cricket ball Down Under`.
The Sun, meanwhile described it as an `English nightmare`, saying that it is a picture that will make `bleary-eyed English cricket fans want to cry following 21 nights of pain this winter`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site