Graeme Swann's granny says something 'nasty' compelled retirement
Melbourne: Graeme Swann`s grandmother has blamed unwelcoming Australians for the spinner`s sudden retirement and said something "nasty" must have happened to convince the England star to turn his back on the Ashes.
Swann quit cricket after the third Test defeat as Australia reclaimed the Ashes, ending an international career which had yielded 255 wickets for the off-spinner.
"There is something gone wrong there and I blame the Australian players. Not all the Australian players, a certain one," Mina Swann, 89, told The Journal newspaper in Newcastle.
"I do not think they have been (made) very welcome, the team. He is not easily upset, there is something nasty happened."
Mina spoke of her disappointment at her 34-year-old grandson`s decision.
"He was as happy as Larry. He adored his cricket. It is a damn shame, he has lived for that game, he has done everything for that game."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama