Greg Chappell backs `Hussey-like` teenager Jake Doran to make batting mark for Oz
Sydney: Australian national talent manager and former player Greg Chappell has backed teenaged player Jake Doran to make his mark as a batsman for the national Australian team in the future.
Doran, who would not be 17 until two days after the match, will on Thursday take the gloves for theAustralian Chairman`s XI against England in Alice Springs in the two-day warm-up before the Adelaide Ashes Test.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Dora, who steered the New South Wales second XI to victory last month, became the youngest to represent the state at that level, just three days younger than legendary Doug Walters in 1963.
Although Chappell admitted that it is dangerous making comparisons, he said that the attributes that he sees in Doran reminds him of Michael Hussey, adding that Doran is a `busy` player who comes in, keeps the scoreboard ticking over, runs hard, is clever and reads the game well.
Stating that Doran is similar to Hussey personality-wise and in his style of play, Chappell also said that he is not looking at Doran as a teenager but as a good young cricketer who is travelling well, adding that they need to keep presenting him with opportunities to stretch him more further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love