Harris says Oz `in position` to create history by being third side to `cleansweep` Ashes
Sydney: Veteran Australian fast bowler Ryan Harris has said that the Ashes hosts are now in a position to create their own history given their 4-0 lead over England.
Harris has taken inspiration from Australia`s Ashes victory in 2006-07, which he termed as an unique series, and although the squad at that time went on to win 16 Tests in a row, he revealed that coach Darren Lehmann advised them to create their own history by becoming the third side to clean sweep an Ashes and carry on that form to South Africa.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Harris said that it is because of these possibilities that he is so keen to play in the last Test at the SCG, not just to know that he have got through five Tests, but to be there to finish the job which they started back in Brisbane.
Stating that it is an incredible feeling to be up on the podium when the Ashes urn is presented, Harris also said that he is confident that he would be fit to play after the few extra days off following the MCG win, adding that he is feeling very fresh and ready to go at the moment.
Harris further said that Australia should be proud of the way they have turned things around this year, for which they have worked `bloody hard`, adding that now they have to make sure that they start the new year on the same note.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested