How Darren Lehmann became known as `Boof`
Sydney: Australian cricket coach Darren Lehmann`s former classmate Johnny Giannitto has been revealed as the man who famously gave him the nickname for which he has become renowned around the world, `Boof`.
According to News.com.au, Lehmann said that the name has stuck since Year 8, as the former Gawler High School classmates caught up at Adelaide Oval before the second Ashes Test against England, starting tomorrow.
Lehmann recalled Giannitto first calling him ` Boof head` after he had labelled the Italian `The Golden Greek` after ultra-marathon runner Yiannis Kouros, the report said.
Lehmann said that he thought the runner was Greek, not Italian and they were just having some fun on the footy day.
He added that the name went from the footy field, to the school class and to cricket and it`s stuck since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss