How Darren Lehmann became known as `Boof`
Sydney: Australian cricket coach Darren Lehmann`s former classmate Johnny Giannitto has been revealed as the man who famously gave him the nickname for which he has become renowned around the world, `Boof`.
According to News.com.au, Lehmann said that the name has stuck since Year 8, as the former Gawler High School classmates caught up at Adelaide Oval before the second Ashes Test against England, starting tomorrow.
Lehmann recalled Giannitto first calling him ` Boof head` after he had labelled the Italian `The Golden Greek` after ultra-marathon runner Yiannis Kouros, the report said.
Lehmann said that he thought the runner was Greek, not Italian and they were just having some fun on the footy day.
He added that the name went from the footy field, to the school class and to cricket and it`s stuck since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!