Ian Botham blasts England team for becoming laughing stock in Australia
London: Former England Test cricketer Ian Botham has criticized present group of England players after they succumbed to a fourth straight loss in this Ashes series at the MCG, and said that they have become a laughing stock in Australia.
Botham said that he is embarrassed by the standard of cricket being produced repeatedly by this group of England players, who have collapsed in every single Test match they played on Ashes tour, Mirror.co.uk reports.
He further said that they should be competing with pride and going toe-to-toe with their hosts, giving a good account of themselves and enjoying the contest, but they are afraid to play a shot in anger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read