Johnson confirms giving advice to Finn during Ashes
Melbourne: Australian pace spearhead Mitchell Johnson advised out of form England pacer Steve Finn how to make a comeback.
Finn, who was the only member of England`s 17-man Test squad not to feature during the 5-0 Ashes whitewash, was sent home by England`s limited-overs coach Ashley Giles during the current one-day series against the Aussies.
Finn accepted that there are a couple of technical issues that he needs to address.
Johnson told The Mirror that he had a bit of a chat with Finn after the Test matches, as he just wanted a bit of advice on how to get back in the game.
He said he was a bit surprised and quite flattered when Finn approached him to talk about it.
Johnson was full of praise for Finn, not only for having the courage to ask an opposition player for such personal advice, but also for his bowling ability.
He said it will be good for Finn to get away from the international setup for a bit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30