Johnson confirms giving advice to Finn during Ashes
Melbourne: Australian pace spearhead Mitchell Johnson advised out of form England pacer Steve Finn how to make a comeback.
Finn, who was the only member of England`s 17-man Test squad not to feature during the 5-0 Ashes whitewash, was sent home by England`s limited-overs coach Ashley Giles during the current one-day series against the Aussies.
Finn accepted that there are a couple of technical issues that he needs to address.
Johnson told The Mirror that he had a bit of a chat with Finn after the Test matches, as he just wanted a bit of advice on how to get back in the game.
He said he was a bit surprised and quite flattered when Finn approached him to talk about it.
Johnson was full of praise for Finn, not only for having the courage to ask an opposition player for such personal advice, but also for his bowling ability.
He said it will be good for Finn to get away from the international setup for a bit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31