Johnson confirms giving advice to Finn during Ashes
Melbourne: Australian pace spearhead Mitchell Johnson advised out of form England pacer Steve Finn how to make a comeback.
Finn, who was the only member of England`s 17-man Test squad not to feature during the 5-0 Ashes whitewash, was sent home by England`s limited-overs coach Ashley Giles during the current one-day series against the Aussies.
Finn accepted that there are a couple of technical issues that he needs to address.
Johnson told The Mirror that he had a bit of a chat with Finn after the Test matches, as he just wanted a bit of advice on how to get back in the game.
He said he was a bit surprised and quite flattered when Finn approached him to talk about it.
Johnson was full of praise for Finn, not only for having the courage to ask an opposition player for such personal advice, but also for his bowling ability.
He said it will be good for Finn to get away from the international setup for a bit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narendra Modi's silence on Dalit assault devaluation of PM's post: Congress
- Financial weakness hindering domestic airlines' international expansion
- Dr Reddy's net plunges 76 per cent in Q1
- Roger Federer to miss Rio games
- French President Francois Hollande rejects opposition calls to harden terror laws