Johnson excited by green top SCG pitch
Sydney: Australian bowler Mitchell Johnson is excited by the well-grassed SCG pitch as the team strives for a 5-0 whitewash by pushing England for another loss.
The well grassed strip threatens to make Johnson the most dangerous he has been all summer when the fifth and final Test begins in Sydney on Friday.
Johnson said that pitch looks like it has a fair bit of grass on it, adding that they played a T20 game there and judging by that it would be nice if little grass is left on it, news.com.au reports.
According to the report, it is unclear who would bowl with Johnson as duo Ryan Harris and Shane Watson were injured and not in action at training.
If Johnson could take at least four wickets in the last Test, he would have had the most successful series in Australia by a fast bowler since Rodney Hogg claimed 41 wickets against England during World Series Cricket in 1978-79, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ICSI CS foundation exam 2016 result announced, log on to icsi.examresults.net to check your scores
- Goa RSS chief resigns from committee set up for CM's birthday
- Helicopter parenting may up depression risk in your kids
- Cabinet clears mineral exploration policy
- Unbelievable! Gujarat researchers find traces of gold in urine of Gir cows