Johnson excited by green top SCG pitch
Sydney: Australian bowler Mitchell Johnson is excited by the well-grassed SCG pitch as the team strives for a 5-0 whitewash by pushing England for another loss.
The well grassed strip threatens to make Johnson the most dangerous he has been all summer when the fifth and final Test begins in Sydney on Friday.
Johnson said that pitch looks like it has a fair bit of grass on it, adding that they played a T20 game there and judging by that it would be nice if little grass is left on it, news.com.au reports.
According to the report, it is unclear who would bowl with Johnson as duo Ryan Harris and Shane Watson were injured and not in action at training.
If Johnson could take at least four wickets in the last Test, he would have had the most successful series in Australia by a fast bowler since Rodney Hogg claimed 41 wickets against England during World Series Cricket in 1978-79, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet