Michael Clarke and James Anderson make truce
Sydney: Australian skipper Michael Clarke and England pacer James Anderson made truce after both teams came together for three hours in the dressing room at the Sydney Cricket Ground after the conclusion of the fifth and final Ashes Test, which the Australians won.
Clarke was fined for warning Anderson in Brisbane to "get ready for a broken f---ing arm" as the England pacer readied himself to face Mitchell Johnson.
The animosity started from an incident in the dressing room in Adelaide in 2006-07 in which Anderson hit Clarke with a batsman`s pad after being egged on by the Australian`s teammate Damien Martyn.
Former Test batsman Dean Jones, who was present in the Australian dressing room, was surprised over the friendly atmosphere after England`s captain Alastair Cook came in with his team.
The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Jones, as saying that fellow openers Michael Carberry and Chris Rogers were speaking about their game, Steve Smith and Joe Root were talking and Anderson was speaking to Clarke.
He further added that coaches Andy Flower was speaking to Darren Lehmann and both the teams were together for three hours.
Australian all-rounder Shane Watson said the England players were gracious in defeat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan