Michael Clarke and James Anderson make truce
Sydney: Australian skipper Michael Clarke and England pacer James Anderson made truce after both teams came together for three hours in the dressing room at the Sydney Cricket Ground after the conclusion of the fifth and final Ashes Test, which the Australians won.
Clarke was fined for warning Anderson in Brisbane to "get ready for a broken f---ing arm" as the England pacer readied himself to face Mitchell Johnson.
The animosity started from an incident in the dressing room in Adelaide in 2006-07 in which Anderson hit Clarke with a batsman`s pad after being egged on by the Australian`s teammate Damien Martyn.
Former Test batsman Dean Jones, who was present in the Australian dressing room, was surprised over the friendly atmosphere after England`s captain Alastair Cook came in with his team.
The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Jones, as saying that fellow openers Michael Carberry and Chris Rogers were speaking about their game, Steve Smith and Joe Root were talking and Anderson was speaking to Clarke.
He further added that coaches Andy Flower was speaking to Darren Lehmann and both the teams were together for three hours.
Australian all-rounder Shane Watson said the England players were gracious in defeat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- PCB: Shahryar Khan gets Nawaz Sharif's nod to continue as Chairman
- Clarify on 'talaaq' write-up in BJP journal: Shiv Sena to Devendra Fadnavis
- BCCI to replace Syed Mushtaq Ali trophy with new domestic T20 league; Ranji Trophy matches to be played at neutral venues
- What's cooking! When Deepika Padukone donned the chef hat – View pic
- Rupee feels Brexit heat, sinks to 4-month low at 67.96 Vs USD