Michael Clarke says pain of 4-0 loss to India led to stunning Ashes win
London: Australian captain Michael Clarke has said the team gained stunning Ashes success after pain and shameful loss of 4-0 to India earlier in 2013.
Clarke said that to lose a Test is painful, but to lose every match of a series is one of the toughest things he has experienced in cricket.
According to the Daily Telegraph, Clarke added that the low of India tour gave them the drive to want to turn it around.
To follow the Indian tour with a 3-0 loss in England made it nine Tests in a row without a win and Australia became fed-up with losing, the report said.
Experiencing the highs and lows has made them stronger as a team and that`s why everyone is so excited after winning
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday