Oz planning to use Bailey as secret weapon to take down Swann
Sydney: Australia is planning to use George Bailey as a secret weapon to take down struggling England spinner Graeme Swann during the second Test, beginning in Adelaide on Thursday, according to reports.
According to News.com.au, England needs a big game from their ageing tweaker to claw back into the series but Australia is determined to hammer him out of the attack like they did in Brisbane, forcing the fast bowlers into more backbreaking toil on a flat drop-in pitch.
Bailey said Australia certainly wanted to bring England`s best bowlers back into the game in Brisbane and tire them out, adding that it worked.
With Michael Clarke set to play despite not training Tuesday because of a rolled he suffered last Monday and Shane Watson declaring he is ready to do some heavy lifting to help preserve Australia`s pace attack, Australia looks set to take an unchanged side into the match, the report said.
This contrasts with a suddenly unsettled England, which is likely to promote Joe Root to number three in the absence of Jonathan Trott and hand former Zimbabwean Gary Balance his Test debut, the report added.
Since Bailey joined the one-day team almost two years ago he has been superman, smashing 36 sixes in 35 matches as by far Australia`s most productive 50-over player in that time, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city