Oz vows `no sledging` over Trott`s Ashes departure

ANI| Updated: Dec 01, 2013, 11:16 AM IST

London: Australian coach Darren Lehmann has said that Jonathan Trott, who returned home with a stress-related illness, will not be a topic spoken about or used for sledging when the Ashes resumes next week.

According to the Mirror, coach Darren Lehmann made it clear that, whatever other topics are considered fair game for `sledging` in Adelaide, his players will not be mentioning the subject of Trott`s departure with a stress-related illness.

Additionally Lehmann confirmed that although David Warner has received no official disciplinary sanction for his criticism of Trott, Cricket Australia have dealt with that matter, the report said.

England previously stressed their satisfaction that Warner had no inkling about Trott`s personal troubles when he described his batsmanship as poor and weak after two cheap dismissals against Mitchell Johnson during the First Test, the report added.

Although Cricket Australia have made it clear that their players will be expected to remain silent regarding Trott, they are happy to continue their aggressive verbals to help them gain an edge, the report further said.

Australia have already announced they will stick with a winning 12-man squad - and Lehmann has confirmed Plan A is to retain seamer Ryan Harris, despite suggestions the hosts might want to conserve his fitness for later in the series, according to the report.