Panesar vows to use stint in Sydney grade cricket to prolong international career
Melbourne: England`s left arm spinner Monty Panesar is using his stint in Sydney grade cricket to showcase his credentials and prolong his international career, as he doesn`t wants last year`s Boxing Day Test be his final Test match.
Panesar played two Tests during the recent Ashes series, in Adelaide and Melbourne, but was dropped for the final match of the series in Sydney in favour of leg-spinner Scott Borthwick.
Many interpreted this as England`s selectors indicating they were unlikely to ever pick Panesar again, a leading channel reports.
He said he is determined and has a lot of hunger and desire in him that the MCG isn`t his last Test, adding that he will continue to play more cricket for England.
Panesar is continuing his stint with grade club Western Suburbs after initially playing for the Magpies midway through the Test series.
He`s using the stint to improve his skills and prove his potential.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode