Panesar vows to use stint in Sydney grade cricket to prolong international career
Melbourne: England`s left arm spinner Monty Panesar is using his stint in Sydney grade cricket to showcase his credentials and prolong his international career, as he doesn`t wants last year`s Boxing Day Test be his final Test match.
Panesar played two Tests during the recent Ashes series, in Adelaide and Melbourne, but was dropped for the final match of the series in Sydney in favour of leg-spinner Scott Borthwick.
Many interpreted this as England`s selectors indicating they were unlikely to ever pick Panesar again, a leading channel reports.
He said he is determined and has a lot of hunger and desire in him that the MCG isn`t his last Test, adding that he will continue to play more cricket for England.
Panesar is continuing his stint with grade club Western Suburbs after initially playing for the Magpies midway through the Test series.
He`s using the stint to improve his skills and prove his potential.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16