Pattinson eyeing Oz Test return during South Africa tour
Sydney: Inspired by the heroics of Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris and Peter Siddle in the Ashes, James Pattinson has set his sights on an Australian return on February`s tour of South Africa, and welcomes the competition for spots in Michael Clarke`s attack, according to reports.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, an automatic choice before withdrawing from the Ashes in England with a back stress fracture after the second Test at Lord`s, Pattinson made his competitive comeback to bowling for club team Dandenong in the Victorian Premier League at the weekend.
He bowled seven overs, taking two wickets, and is now eyeing a first appearance of the season for Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League on December 30, the report said.
Pattinson, 23, has been present around the Australian team during the summer, and while Johnson, Harris and Siddle appear locked in for the foreseeable future, he has identified the series against the world No.1 Proteas as his chance to push for a Test return, the report added.
He said that he was aiming to get to South Africa and that was probably the end goal with these few Big Bash games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi