Pattinson eyeing Oz Test return during South Africa tour
Sydney: Inspired by the heroics of Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris and Peter Siddle in the Ashes, James Pattinson has set his sights on an Australian return on February`s tour of South Africa, and welcomes the competition for spots in Michael Clarke`s attack, according to reports.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, an automatic choice before withdrawing from the Ashes in England with a back stress fracture after the second Test at Lord`s, Pattinson made his competitive comeback to bowling for club team Dandenong in the Victorian Premier League at the weekend.
He bowled seven overs, taking two wickets, and is now eyeing a first appearance of the season for Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League on December 30, the report said.
Pattinson, 23, has been present around the Australian team during the summer, and while Johnson, Harris and Siddle appear locked in for the foreseeable future, he has identified the series against the world No.1 Proteas as his chance to push for a Test return, the report added.
He said that he was aiming to get to South Africa and that was probably the end goal with these few Big Bash games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore