Pietersen slams `utter lie` reports of fed-up Flower issuing `KP or him` ultimatum
Sydney: England batsman Kevin Pietersen has reportedly slammed reports that team director and head coach Andy Flower was so fed up with the enigmatic batsman`s attitude that he had issued a `KP or him` ultimatum to selectors.
A British newspaper had reported that the tension was so great between the pair that Flower `did not want the maverick batsman anywhere near the new era he wants to oversee`.
According to News.com.au, Pietersen personally attacked the journalist responsible for the story, Paul Newman, and accused him of reporting `complete and utter lies`, adding that he is `shocked and saddened` by the reports concerning his future with England.
Pietersen reiterated his `strong desire` to continue playing for his team and to help them regain the Ashes in 2015, following Newman`s claims that `disciplinary action` had been considered but held back until after the final Ashes Test and that there has been `anger` at Pietersen`s ` attitude ` to warm-up games.
Flower, who has also denied the claims and England players have tried to establish an uneasy truce with Pietersen despite never forgiving him for sending inappropriate text messages to the South African team in 2012, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites