Pietersen slams `utter lie` reports of fed-up Flower issuing `KP or him` ultimatum
Sydney: England batsman Kevin Pietersen has reportedly slammed reports that team director and head coach Andy Flower was so fed up with the enigmatic batsman`s attitude that he had issued a `KP or him` ultimatum to selectors.
A British newspaper had reported that the tension was so great between the pair that Flower `did not want the maverick batsman anywhere near the new era he wants to oversee`.
According to News.com.au, Pietersen personally attacked the journalist responsible for the story, Paul Newman, and accused him of reporting `complete and utter lies`, adding that he is `shocked and saddened` by the reports concerning his future with England.
Pietersen reiterated his `strong desire` to continue playing for his team and to help them regain the Ashes in 2015, following Newman`s claims that `disciplinary action` had been considered but held back until after the final Ashes Test and that there has been `anger` at Pietersen`s ` attitude ` to warm-up games.
Flower, who has also denied the claims and England players have tried to establish an uneasy truce with Pietersen despite never forgiving him for sending inappropriate text messages to the South African team in 2012, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'Dishoom' team to begin promotions at India's centrepoint
- Cristiano steps up to the rescue of "Criticism Ronaldo" at Euro 2016
- Amjad Sabri laid to rest amid tears, thousands attend Karachi funeral
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone