Ponting says Clarke`s ability to score big runs makes him one of world`s best
Sydney: Ricky Ponting has said that Michael Clarke has demonstrated in this Ashes series that he is best when his back is to the wall and his character under question, according to reports.
According to News.com.au, Ponting said that this is what defines cricketers and if one looks back at all the great players in Australia, they have all had this ability.
Ponting will host a ceremony announcing Clarke as the winner of the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy as the International Cricket Council`s cricketer of the year and Test cricketer of the year, the report said.
Yesterday the former captain sent his successor a message congratulating him on reaching his 100th Test and said that Clarke now ranked among the greats of Australian cricket, the report added.
Ponting also said Clarke`s ability to make big runs consistently makes him one of the best players in the world today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender