Ponting says Clarke`s ability to score big runs makes him one of world`s best
Sydney: Ricky Ponting has said that Michael Clarke has demonstrated in this Ashes series that he is best when his back is to the wall and his character under question, according to reports.
According to News.com.au, Ponting said that this is what defines cricketers and if one looks back at all the great players in Australia, they have all had this ability.
Ponting will host a ceremony announcing Clarke as the winner of the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy as the International Cricket Council`s cricketer of the year and Test cricketer of the year, the report said.
Yesterday the former captain sent his successor a message congratulating him on reaching his 100th Test and said that Clarke now ranked among the greats of Australian cricket, the report added.
Ponting also said Clarke`s ability to make big runs consistently makes him one of the best players in the world today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Separated Indian, Pakistani siblings meet in UAE after 48 yrs
- CPI(M) leader Sushanta Ghosh slapped in West Bengal court premises
- On eve of Greece visit, Putin says problems with EU can be solved
- President Mukherjee lists 8 steps to resolve issues between India, China
- READ: What Ashish Nehra has to say about his Viral Photo with Virat Kohli