Record crowd at fourth Ashes test
Melbourne: Australia`s Boxing Day test has drawn a world record test crowd of 90,831 to the Melbourne Cricket Ground for the opening day of the fourth Ashes contest between Australia and England on Thursday.
The bumper attendance at the 100,000-seat stadium exceeded the 90,800 recorded for the second day of the fifth test between Australia and West Indies at the same ground on February 11, 1961.
England were 159-3 when the crowd update was announced.
Australia have an unassailable 3-0 lead in the five-test series.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India