Record crowd at fourth Ashes test
Melbourne: Australia`s Boxing Day test has drawn a world record test crowd of 90,831 to the Melbourne Cricket Ground for the opening day of the fourth Ashes contest between Australia and England on Thursday.
The bumper attendance at the 100,000-seat stadium exceeded the 90,800 recorded for the second day of the fifth test between Australia and West Indies at the same ground on February 11, 1961.
England were 159-3 when the crowd update was announced.
Australia have an unassailable 3-0 lead in the five-test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured