Record crowd at fourth Ashes test
Melbourne: Australia`s Boxing Day test has drawn a world record test crowd of 90,831 to the Melbourne Cricket Ground for the opening day of the fourth Ashes contest between Australia and England on Thursday.
The bumper attendance at the 100,000-seat stadium exceeded the 90,800 recorded for the second day of the fifth test between Australia and West Indies at the same ground on February 11, 1961.
England were 159-3 when the crowd update was announced.
Australia have an unassailable 3-0 lead in the five-test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city