Record crowd at fourth Ashes test
Melbourne: Australia`s Boxing Day test has drawn a world record test crowd of 90,831 to the Melbourne Cricket Ground for the opening day of the fourth Ashes contest between Australia and England on Thursday.
The bumper attendance at the 100,000-seat stadium exceeded the 90,800 recorded for the second day of the fifth test between Australia and West Indies at the same ground on February 11, 1961.
England were 159-3 when the crowd update was announced.
Australia have an unassailable 3-0 lead in the five-test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn to release 'Shivaay' trailer in a unique style! Deets inside
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Injured Steve O'Keefe to return home, Jon Holland named as replacement
- PSU banks employees strike may affect transactions worth Rs 15,000 crore
- Raj Thackeray meets Uddhav, triggers talk of Shiv Sena-MNS reconciliation ahead of BMC polls
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav may not make it to Rio even if he's proved innocent - Here's why