Rested Watson to miss three one-dayers against England
Australia`s Shane Watson will miss the next three one-day internationals against England after the all-rounder, already rested for the second match in Brisbane, was ruled out of the subsequent contests in Sydney and Perth.
With Watson absent, fellow all-rounder Daniel Christian was recalled to the team for the three matches, his first taste of international cricket since being part of the squad for the World Twenty20 event in Sri Lanka in 2012.
"Given Shane`s workload in the past 12 months, we consider it would be beneficial for him to have a longer break and continue his training program at home in Sydney ahead of the final ODI and the tour of South Africa," Australia coach Darren Lehmann said in a Cricket Australia statement on Thursday.
After completing a 5-0 whitewash in the Ashes series, Australia won the first one-dayer against England in Melbourne at the weekend and will be out to extend their dominance in the second contest of the five-match series on Friday.
The fifth and final match is in Adelaide on January 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj