Rogers chooses holidays after Ashes to `recoup` ahead of Proteas clashes
Sydney: Australian Test opener Chris Rogers has said that he is ready to take a break after the fifth Ashes Test in Sydney before he takes on the might of the world`s best Test team South Africa next month.
While many of his Test teammates continue hostilities with England in the ODI series, Rogers will put his feet up after a hectic few months during which he has spent more time in hotel rooms than he has in his Melbourne home.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Rogers, a long-form specialist who does not have a Big Bash contract, said there was `no chance in hell` that he would line up for his grade club Prahran before confronting Graeme Smith`s men as he is going to take some time off and just recoup.
Rogers, who plays county cricket in England during the summer, said that it is necessary for a player playing almost 12 months of the year to take every chance he gets to have some off days, adding that he does not think his grade club would be too disappointed with him not being around there.
The report mentioned that the veteran player has played 17 first-class games for three different teams on both sides of the world since July and has been playing consistently since the start of the Shield season in late October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM