Rogers says Oz will `milk every moment` of `surprising` Ashes victory
Sydney: Australian Test opener Chris Rogers has said that they will `milk` every moment of their Ashes victory over England to gloss over their pain of losing the same urn in England in the summer.
Only four months ago, Australia stood close to the boundary rope at the Oval as England captain Alastair Cook received the crystal Ashes trophy and a replica urn, reward for his team`s 3-0 series victory at home.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, with the pain of that experience still in the corner of their minds, Australia will get their own chance on the final day of the fifth Test starting at the SCG on Friday, with Rogers saying that to be on the other side of the fence is a `fantastic` feeling, and added that his team would `milk` every moment of the win.
Rogers however, admitted that he did not ever think that Australia would ever be in this position, adding that to be at 4-0 is simply exceptional.
Who exactly will be in the in the Australian line-up as they attempt to make that 5-0 in Sydney is yet to be officially determined but whatever the case the heroes of the past seven weeks will all have pride of place on stage at the SCG - win, lose or draw in the series finale, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read