Rogers says Oz will `milk every moment` of `surprising` Ashes victory
Sydney: Australian Test opener Chris Rogers has said that they will `milk` every moment of their Ashes victory over England to gloss over their pain of losing the same urn in England in the summer.
Only four months ago, Australia stood close to the boundary rope at the Oval as England captain Alastair Cook received the crystal Ashes trophy and a replica urn, reward for his team`s 3-0 series victory at home.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, with the pain of that experience still in the corner of their minds, Australia will get their own chance on the final day of the fifth Test starting at the SCG on Friday, with Rogers saying that to be on the other side of the fence is a `fantastic` feeling, and added that his team would `milk` every moment of the win.
Rogers however, admitted that he did not ever think that Australia would ever be in this position, adding that to be at 4-0 is simply exceptional.
Who exactly will be in the in the Australian line-up as they attempt to make that 5-0 in Sydney is yet to be officially determined but whatever the case the heroes of the past seven weeks will all have pride of place on stage at the SCG - win, lose or draw in the series finale, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why