Root says benefited from playing under Lehmann Cricket Academy
Sydney: Young batsman Joe Root played with Prospect District under the Darren Lehmann Cricket Academy program before playing for England and has said that he was really helped by his experiences of playing for the club.
According to News.com.au, Root revealed that his Adelaide summer included rubbing shoulders with clubmate Nathan Lyon , who`ll be Australia`s frontline spinner in the second Test.
Root also said that he doesn`t recall having a dominant season in the Adelaide grade scene, according to the report.
22-year-old Root made his Test debut in December 2012 in India, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China's PLA releases 1st hip-hop music video to attract youths
- Must watch VIDEO: Is this the most amazing six in IPL history?
- Manohar Parrikar may lead BJP's campaign for Goa 2017 polls: Tendulkar
- UNBELIEVABLE: Woman steals 24 beer cans by hiding them under her skirt - Watch CCTV video
- Toddler rescued 4 days after Kenya building collapse