Root says benefited from playing under Lehmann Cricket Academy
Sydney: Young batsman Joe Root played with Prospect District under the Darren Lehmann Cricket Academy program before playing for England and has said that he was really helped by his experiences of playing for the club.
According to News.com.au, Root revealed that his Adelaide summer included rubbing shoulders with clubmate Nathan Lyon , who`ll be Australia`s frontline spinner in the second Test.
Root also said that he doesn`t recall having a dominant season in the Adelaide grade scene, according to the report.
22-year-old Root made his Test debut in December 2012 in India, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar can win gold at Rio Olympics: Vikas Krishan
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Pakistan admits stalling India's NSG bid; says will not back down from 'principled stand' on Kashmir
- Euro 2016: Italy vs Spain - As it happened...
- When Lady Gaga met Dalai Lama!