The Ashes: Australia vs England, 4th Test, Day 4 - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
Australia, 2nd Innings
Over 51.5|| Score 233/2
Whitewash in the minds!
It's match over in Melbourne. Watson took a boundary off Panesar to give Australia their fourth successive win against England. With 4-nil up, the return Ashes series in well and truly their, for each one of them.
Over 50|| Score 220/2
In the last 10 overs, Australians accumulated 57 runs in the expense of one wicket, that of centurian Rogers. Now, what's all has left of this chase is a quick handshake between two opposing teams.
Over 48 || Score 215/2
The seemingly unthinkable happened again for England and the the outcome of this dead rubber is already known. But the Aussies have taught the tourists a way or two on how to play Test cricket.
The chase is made funnily easier by the openers - Rogers and Warner, with the former blasting to his century while Warner made good with an useful 25 runs. Then, the allrounder in Watson further added 70 odd runs in the cause with the skipper.
Melbourne: It has been some horrendous day for the visitors from England. After the collapse that we all witnessed yesterday, the indomitable Aussies are taking Cook and his company to the cleaners, even in this format. It seems Clarke has asked from his batsmen to finish the game soon. Still one more day at the MCG. But the ENDGAME is well in sight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal