The Ashes: Bailey equals Lara record
Perth: Australian batsman George Bailey equalled Brian Lara`s Test record for most runs off an over against England in Perth on Monday.
West Indian great Lara hit 28 runs off an over from South Africa`s Robin Peterson in Johannesburg in 2003.
Bailey matched the feat when he took the same tally off paceman Jimmy Anderson in the final over of Australia`s second innings on the fourth day of the third Test.
The Tasmanian, in only his third Test, hit three sixes and two fours in the over.
Australian captain Michael Clarke declared on 369 for 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report