The Ashes: Brett Lee says Mitchell Johnson has the pace to rattle England
Sydney: Former Australian Test speedster Brett Lee has backed Mitchell Johnson to shake up England in the return Ashes series, and said that he is back to the form that made him one of the most feared bowlers in international cricket.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, on the eve of his third Ashes campaign, Johnson is bowling faster than he ever has.
On the recent tour of India he regularly broke the 150km/h barrier, soaring as high as 155km/h, the report said.
Lee, who was talking at a Sydney Sixers fan day, said Johnson had the speed and strength to scare high-class batsmen, according to the report.
Lee would not discount the possibility of Johnson joining him in the magical 100 miles an hour (160km/h) club this summer, the report mentioned.
Lee said Johnson had the capability to rattle the English, particularly on the faster and bouncier Australian wickets, which are markedly different to the spin-friendly pitches England served up during their home series this year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest