The Ashes: Brett Lee says Mitchell Johnson has the pace to rattle England
Sydney: Former Australian Test speedster Brett Lee has backed Mitchell Johnson to shake up England in the return Ashes series, and said that he is back to the form that made him one of the most feared bowlers in international cricket.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, on the eve of his third Ashes campaign, Johnson is bowling faster than he ever has.
On the recent tour of India he regularly broke the 150km/h barrier, soaring as high as 155km/h, the report said.
Lee, who was talking at a Sydney Sixers fan day, said Johnson had the speed and strength to scare high-class batsmen, according to the report.
Lee would not discount the possibility of Johnson joining him in the magical 100 miles an hour (160km/h) club this summer, the report mentioned.
Lee said Johnson had the capability to rattle the English, particularly on the faster and bouncier Australian wickets, which are markedly different to the spin-friendly pitches England served up during their home series this year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose lived as KK Bhandari in 1960s?
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat blasted on Twitter for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar | WATCH his controversial video
- Sex machines - the future of `clean` prostitution?
- Rainy Monday morning in Delhi
- Woman allegedly raped by Nigerian national in Goa