The Ashes: Brett Lee says Mitchell Johnson has the pace to rattle England
Sydney: Former Australian Test speedster Brett Lee has backed Mitchell Johnson to shake up England in the return Ashes series, and said that he is back to the form that made him one of the most feared bowlers in international cricket.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, on the eve of his third Ashes campaign, Johnson is bowling faster than he ever has.
On the recent tour of India he regularly broke the 150km/h barrier, soaring as high as 155km/h, the report said.
Lee, who was talking at a Sydney Sixers fan day, said Johnson had the speed and strength to scare high-class batsmen, according to the report.
Lee would not discount the possibility of Johnson joining him in the magical 100 miles an hour (160km/h) club this summer, the report mentioned.
Lee said Johnson had the capability to rattle the English, particularly on the faster and bouncier Australian wickets, which are markedly different to the spin-friendly pitches England served up during their home series this year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player