The Ashes: Brett Lee says Mitchell Johnson has the pace to rattle England
Sydney: Former Australian Test speedster Brett Lee has backed Mitchell Johnson to shake up England in the return Ashes series, and said that he is back to the form that made him one of the most feared bowlers in international cricket.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, on the eve of his third Ashes campaign, Johnson is bowling faster than he ever has.
On the recent tour of India he regularly broke the 150km/h barrier, soaring as high as 155km/h, the report said.
Lee, who was talking at a Sydney Sixers fan day, said Johnson had the speed and strength to scare high-class batsmen, according to the report.
Lee would not discount the possibility of Johnson joining him in the magical 100 miles an hour (160km/h) club this summer, the report mentioned.
Lee said Johnson had the capability to rattle the English, particularly on the faster and bouncier Australian wickets, which are markedly different to the spin-friendly pitches England served up during their home series this year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- LeJ terrorists involved in Lanka cricket team attack killed
- Five held for 'slaughtering' three cows in Maharashtra
- Delhi LG cancelled AAP govt order on compensation by discoms: Arvind Kejriwal
- Bihar flood toll reaches 156, twins born on boat
- Hinduism all about love, faith and intimacy with all: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat