The Ashes: Brett Lee says Mitchell Johnson has the pace to rattle England
Sydney: Former Australian Test speedster Brett Lee has backed Mitchell Johnson to shake up England in the return Ashes series, and said that he is back to the form that made him one of the most feared bowlers in international cricket.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, on the eve of his third Ashes campaign, Johnson is bowling faster than he ever has.
On the recent tour of India he regularly broke the 150km/h barrier, soaring as high as 155km/h, the report said.
Lee, who was talking at a Sydney Sixers fan day, said Johnson had the speed and strength to scare high-class batsmen, according to the report.
Lee would not discount the possibility of Johnson joining him in the magical 100 miles an hour (160km/h) club this summer, the report mentioned.
Lee said Johnson had the capability to rattle the English, particularly on the faster and bouncier Australian wickets, which are markedly different to the spin-friendly pitches England served up during their home series this year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- German bar attacker Syrian, had psychiatric problems
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies
- Check out five stunning Instagram photos of ‘Mohenjo Daro’ beauty Pooja Hegde
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 likely to be launched today