The Ashes: Clarke, Lehmann thank fans for relentless support through tough times
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Sydney: Soon after his team thrashed England 5-0 to reclaim the Ashes, Australian skipper Michael Clarke thanked all the fans for their support through the tough times faced by the team in the last one year.
Clarke thanked the fans through his personal account on Twitter.
Thanks to everyone who has stood by us through the tough times. This series win is as much for you guys as it is for us! #TheUrnReturns
— Michael Clarke (@MClarke23) January 6, 2014
Australian coach Darren Lehmann too thanked the supporters for standing by the team during their tough phase.
Not a bad way to wake up ! Thanks for all the great support Australia!
Ashes memories last forever! pic.twitter.com/xFOmSxNOk7
— Darren Lehmann (@darren_lehmann) January 6, 2014
Notably, ahead of the return Ashes series, Australia were in a terrible form as they had lost nine consecutive Test matches. As a result of some incredible performances from Mitchell Johnson, Brad Haddin, Chris Rogers to name a few, Australia managed to take the revenge for the 5-0 humiliation they witnessed when they toured England in mid 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM