The Ashes: Clarke, Lehmann thank fans for relentless support through tough times
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Sydney: Soon after his team thrashed England 5-0 to reclaim the Ashes, Australian skipper Michael Clarke thanked all the fans for their support through the tough times faced by the team in the last one year.
Clarke thanked the fans through his personal account on Twitter.
Thanks to everyone who has stood by us through the tough times. This series win is as much for you guys as it is for us! #TheUrnReturns
— Michael Clarke (@MClarke23) January 6, 2014
Australian coach Darren Lehmann too thanked the supporters for standing by the team during their tough phase.
Not a bad way to wake up ! Thanks for all the great support Australia! Ashes memories last forever! pic.twitter.com/xFOmSxNOk7
— Darren Lehmann (@darren_lehmann) January 6, 2014
Notably, ahead of the return Ashes series, Australia were in a terrible form as they had lost nine consecutive Test matches. As a result of some incredible performances from Mitchell Johnson, Brad Haddin, Chris Rogers to name a few, Australia managed to take the revenge for the 5-0 humiliation they witnessed when they toured England in mid 2013.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed