The Ashes: Johnson would once again be Australia`s main weapon in 5th Test
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Sydney: Mitchell Johnson has single-handedly ripped apart England batsmen on most of the occasions in the Return Ashes. The left-arm seamer has bowled several venomous spell in the series and it has been his intimidating bowling, which has probably set a kind of fear into the minds of the English batsmen who looked so confident when they toured India in 2012, or when the Aussies toured the Poms on their home soil in the beginning of 2013.
Johnson – who since the beginning of the series has exhibited a moustache, found his groove at the right time, and he is Australia`s in-form player, who will once again have to play a major role if the hosts entertain any chances of a 5-0 series win against the Alastair Cook-led side.
England have had struggled right through the tournament and they also witnessed some strange decisions as first Jonathan Trott left the series midway due to some stress related issue, and then their world class spinner Graeme Swann took everybody by surprise, by announcing his retirement.
While England would want to put some fight in the fifth and the final Test, they can manage to do so only if they can handle the mighty pace of Johnson, who has wreaked havoc in all the four Tests so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH