WACA may never host a Test match again

Last Updated: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 14:51

Sydney: The WACA Ground may never again host a Test match.

The move comes as the Cricket Australia and the International Cricket Council united said that the venue no longer meets international standards.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the venue was excluded from next summer`s four-match series against India.

CA and the ICC, in Perth for the third Test, are poised to deliver an adverse review of the venue.

According to the report, it is believed their chief concerns relate to spectator comfort and safety.

The stadium has often cramped walkways and the necessity for fans to queue for taps and toilets in sweltering temperatures.

The CA is considering leaving Perth off the Test schedule entirely for 2015-16, when Australia will host three-match series against the West Indies and New Zealand, the report said.

In its place, the match could be held at the smaller Manuka Oval in Canberra, which hosted its first limited-overs international earlier this year, the report added.

ANI

First Published: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 15:17

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus