WACA may never host a Test match again
Sydney: The WACA Ground may never again host a Test match.
The move comes as the Cricket Australia and the International Cricket Council united said that the venue no longer meets international standards.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the venue was excluded from next summer`s four-match series against India.
CA and the ICC, in Perth for the third Test, are poised to deliver an adverse review of the venue.
According to the report, it is believed their chief concerns relate to spectator comfort and safety.
The stadium has often cramped walkways and the necessity for fans to queue for taps and toilets in sweltering temperatures.
The CA is considering leaving Perth off the Test schedule entirely for 2015-16, when Australia will host three-match series against the West Indies and New Zealand, the report said.
In its place, the match could be held at the smaller Manuka Oval in Canberra, which hosted its first limited-overs international earlier this year, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India