Warne urges Oz quicks to target England`s tail with `bodyline bowling`
Sydney: Former Australian player Shane Warne has called on his team`s pace bowlers to bowl ` Bodyline with intent and pace` at England`s tailenders throughout the Ashes series.
According to News.com.au, Warne pointed out that lingering feuds between Shane Watson and Jimmy Anderson as well as Kevin Pietersen and Michael Clarke should guarantee a fiery affair.
The Australian cricket icon called on the Mitchell Johnson-led attack to strike fear into the hearts of England`s tailenders with concentrated spells of short-pitched bowling, the report said.
Warne said that it would be a very heated series, adding that there will be a lot of trash talking and sledging, adding that it will be played in the right spirit, but there will be a lot of ugly moments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS
- Anybody can play Sangeeta Bijlani's role but not Naureen's: Prachi Desai
- Coal scam: Rungtas move HC against conviction, CBI reply sought
- Riteish Deshmukh has a new name for Tiger Shroff
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!