Watson announces availability, as extra seam option for Oz in Ashes
Sydney: Australian all-rounder Shane Watson has announced that he’ll be available as an extra seaming option for Australia from the first Ashes Test at the Gabba, on November 21, although it will be in a limited capacity.
Watson continued his recovery from a minor hamstring strain suffered on the one-day tour of India, by rolling the arm over for two overs in Australia`s training session in the Gabba nets and feels sufficient confident to rehabilitate bowling duties in the first Test.
According to a Newspaper, Watson expressed confidence that he would be able to bowl a few overs at the Gabba, saying that things are progressing well for him, adding that he is keeping his fingers crossed that his hamstring injury recovery contineously progressing well.
Watson further added that at this point of time, he is confident that he will be able to provide a role like, he did at certain times during the summer Ashes series, even though it would not be at a full capacity at the ball, although he expected that if things progress well by the Adelaide Test, he will be able to perform a bit stronger in the second Test.
Watson also stated that the good thing is, he would not have to bowl flat out given that the Gabba pitch has got a bit of bounce and pace in it all the time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!
- Sensex sinks 104 points in early trade on weak global cues
- Sacha Baron Cohen's father dies at 83
- AAP founder member Ilyas Azmi quits party, says 'autrocratic' Arvind Kejriwal doing 'communal politics'
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC to resume hearing on plea challenging HC order revoking President's Rule