Revealed: Shane Warne’s ‘dream team’ for July’s Ashes!
Melbourne: Legendary Australian spinner Shane Warne has named on Twitter 12 players for the July Ashes tour, which features three all-rounders, excluding Shane Watson, a wicketkeeper at No.5 batting slot and a bowler whose only international experience is one Twenty20 this summer.
Although Warne starts off sensibly putting Watson back at the opening position with David Warner, the list gets odd with No. 3 slot given to Shaun Marsh, who was dropped after failing in Australia’s dominant series against India last summer and has averaged just 19 in the domestic Sheffield Shield this summer.
The former Australian quick has put captain Michael Clarke at No. 4 batting position, followed by wicketkeeper Matthew Wade batting at No.5 and three all-rounders, Moises Henriques, James Faulkner and Glenn Maxwell, coming after Wade.
According to Warner’s imaginary squad for Ashes, Nathan Coulter-Nile, who has taken 26 wickets in eight Shield games this summer, should open the bowling with James Pattinson, with the final bowling slot going to either Peter Siddle or Nathan Lyon depending on whether the pitch will take spin.
However, Warner has dropped opener Ed Cowan, batsman Phil Hughes and bowlers Mitch Starc, Mitch Johnson and Xavier Dougherty from his dream Ashes squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda