Revolt in BCCI; Srinivasan all set to retain his top post
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: N Srinivasan is all set to extend his tenure for the third year in the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) as the president. He filed his nomination on Saturday. No other nominations were filed by the members from South Zone, which cleared the deck for Srinivasan.
But a revolt was evident in the BCCI when three vice presidents -- Arun Jaitely, Niranjan Shah, Sudhir Dabir - refused to extend their tenure, clearly due to the prevailing conditions of the board. That means the BCCI is likely to get three new VP’s from Noth, West and Central Zones.
If sources are to be believed then Dabir, the VP of the Central zone will be replaced by Rajiv Shukla.
Earlier, Cricket Association of Bihar (CAB) had filed a plea to stop a desperate Srinivasan from contesting the Board elections. But the SC had given a go-ahead to Srinivasan to contest the election.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you