Rhodes feels fielding in India has improved
Hyderabad: Former South African fielding great Jonty Rhodes on Monday reiterated that the quality of fielding in India has improved a lot over the years with several talented young players coming up.
Young Indian cricketers like Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Manjoj Tiwary have been brilliant and are an asset to the team, he told reporters here.
Rhodes has been roped in by the Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) to train its budding players.
He is conducting a three-day coaching camp here from today for the benefit of the HCA players.
Appreciating the ability of the young Hyderabad players, he said he would lay emphasis on the basics during his coaching, and also fitness and other aspects.
Hyderabad is currently languishing in the Plate Group of the Ranji Trophy and the coaching by Rhodes is expected to help the team return to the Elite Group.
HCA has already appointed former India left-arm spinner Sunil Joshi as the Ranji coach for the entire season and the Hyderabad side has a fielding coach in former India cricketer Noel David.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir