Rhodes feels fielding in India has improved
Hyderabad: Former South African fielding great Jonty Rhodes on Monday reiterated that the quality of fielding in India has improved a lot over the years with several talented young players coming up.
Young Indian cricketers like Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Manjoj Tiwary have been brilliant and are an asset to the team, he told reporters here.
Rhodes has been roped in by the Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) to train its budding players.
He is conducting a three-day coaching camp here from today for the benefit of the HCA players.
Appreciating the ability of the young Hyderabad players, he said he would lay emphasis on the basics during his coaching, and also fitness and other aspects.
Hyderabad is currently languishing in the Plate Group of the Ranji Trophy and the coaching by Rhodes is expected to help the team return to the Elite Group.
HCA has already appointed former India left-arm spinner Sunil Joshi as the Ranji coach for the entire season and the Hyderabad side has a fielding coach in former India cricketer Noel David.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump